INDIAN SPACE RESEARCH ORGANISATION
Department of Space, Government of India
ISRO CENTRALISED RECRUITMENT BOARD(ICRB)
ANNUAL RECRUITMENT OF SCIENTIST/ENGINEER 'SC' WITH BE/B.TECH OR EQUIVALENT DEGREE IN
ELECTRONICS, MECHANICAL AND COMPUTER SCIENCE
ADVERTISEMENT No. ISRO HQ:ICRB:01:2017 DATED 15-02-2017
CANDIDATES ARE ADVISED NOT TO TAKE COGNIZANCE OF FAKE OFFER OF APPOINTMENT
FOR JOB IN ISRO
Indian Space Research Organisation [ISRO]/Department of Space Centres/Units are engaged in Research and Development activities in development of Space Application,
Space Science and Technology for the benefit of society at large and for serving the nation by achieving self-
reliance and developing capacity to design and build Launch Vehicles and Communication/Remote Sensing
Satellites and thereafter launch them. ISRO strives to serve the nation in the areas of television broadcast, Location based services,
telecommunication, meteorological application and in management of our natural resources. The Indian Space
Programme continues to pursue successful goals on all fronts in meeting the objective of achieving self-reliance in
space technology and its applications for national development.
The future ISRO programme envisages development of cutting edge technologies for reusable launch
vehicle, development of advanced technologies for Human Spaceflight Programme, advanced high
efficiency semi-cryogenic propulsion engine, advanced communication satellite, air breathing propulsion,
satellite based navigation system, hyper spectral imaging sensors, lunar & planetary exploration etc.
Challenging opportunities exist at ISRO to undertake development of innovative technologies and
establish the advanced technical infrastructure needed for space exploration and beyond.
ISRO offers the position of Scientist/Engineer 'SC' in Level 10 of Pay Matrix
to the young graduates in the following engineering disciplines :-
1. Electronics 2. Mechanical 3. Computer Science
Do not use 'Back' and 'Forward' button of your browser while
filling up online application form.
Frequently Asked Queries and Answers(FAQ's)
If already applied
To get the online application form, please click on the Post Name
below for which you want
to apply for.
VISIT OUR WEB-SITE http://www.isro.gov.in FOR LATEST UPDATES ON
- BE/B.Tech or equivalent qualification in first class with an aggregate minimum of 65% marks or CGPA 6.84/10 (average of all semesters for which results are available). Minimum of 65% marks or CGPA 6.84 in section B alone for candidates with AMIE/Grad IETE qualification. Candidates who are going to
complete the above course in the academic year 2016-17 are also eligible to apply provided final Degree is available by 31/8/2017. The qualification prescribed and the benchmark are only the MINIMUM requirement and fulfilling the same does not automatically make candidates eligible for Written Test.
- 35 years as on 07/03/2017. Ex-Servicemen and Persons with Disabilities are eligible for age relaxation
as per Govt. of India orders.
How to apply :
- The application for on-line registration will be hosted on the ISRO web-site between 15/02/2017
and 07/03/2017. Candidates may visit our web-site at www.isro.gov.in to register their applications on-line
between 15/02/2017 and 07/03/2017. The candidates registered under National Career Services (NCS) portal and fulfilling the eligibility conditions may visit ISRO website and
follow the application procedure as stated. Applications will be received on-line only. Upon registration, applicants will
be provided with an on-line Registration Number, which should be carefully preserved for future reference.
E-mail ID of the applicant will have to be given in the application compulsorily. The on-line application has to be
invariably followed-up with a 'No Objection Certificate' from the employer concerned, by those already in
employment under Central/State Government, Public Sector Undertakings or Autonomous Bodies, duly indicating
the name and Reg. No. on the reverse.
- Payment of Application Fee : There will be an Application Fee of Rs. 100/- (Rupees One Hundred Only) for each
application. Candidates may make the payment 'online' using Internet Banking/Debit Card or 'Offline' by visiting nearest SBI Branch. Candidates after
submitting their application can pay application fee immediately or any day before the last date for fee payment i.e. 08.03.2017 (11.59) pm.
The last date for submitting online application is 07.03.2017 (Candidates are, however, advised to make online payment by 07.03.2017 to
avoid any unexpected transaction failures/issues). The process followed for each case is shown below:
- If candidate desires to pay application fee immediately then he on submitting application will be shown a web page displaying registration number. On same web page, there exists
"Make Payment" button which candidate may click and follow the payment process as outlined below
- If the candidate wants to pay application fee later, he can pay the fee before closure of the advertisement by accessing the link "Make Payment" link
available in advertisement page. Candidate has to provide his registration number, Date of Birth and later click on the "Make Payment" button and follow the
payment process as outlined below
Process for application fee payment :
The candidates on clicking the Make Payment button will be redirected to State Bank Multi Option Payments Systems (MOPS) page. The candidate may choose one of the
payment modes shown below for making payment.
- Net Banking: State Bank of India
- Net Banking: Other Banks
- Debit Card: State Bank of India
- Debit Card: Other Banks
- Pre-printed SBI Challan (Candidates should download, print and pay the application fees in cash at any SBI Branch)
Note : Though application fee charged by ISRO is same across the payment modes the bank charges and taxes may vary across the modes mentioned above so the candidates are suggested to carefully follow the instructions shown. In case of Net banking and debit cards payments the candidate on successful payment will be redirected to ISRO web portal and shown a page displaying transaction details.
During entire payment processing do not click REFRESH or BACK button, else session will be aborted.
Please follow the instructions of the banks/payment gateways with respect to the mode of payment (net banking, debit cards, across SBI counters).
Candidates can check Payment status and Print Receipt by visiting "Payment Status" link available in advertisement page. No other mode of payment will be
acceptable. For any technical issues with online payment candidates may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All Women candidates/Scheduled Castes (SC)/ Scheduled Tribes (ST); Ex-servicemen [EX] and Persons with
Disabilities (PWD) candidates are exempted from payment of Application Fee. However, after registration of
application on-line, the candidates have to down-load and print the personalized registration confirmation form from
the ISRO system which will contain the Name of the candidate, Registration Number, Advertisement No.,and Post code for future reference.
The candidates who are already employed under Central Govt/State Govt/PSU/Autonomous Body have to send a 'No
Objection Certificate' from the employer concerned, duly indicating their Registration Number and Post Code to the
Administrative Officer [ICRB], ISRO Headquarters, Bengaluru within seven days of filing the applications on-line
by the candidates and in any case not later than 15.03.2017.
- In case of submission of duplicate/multiple applications by Women candidates/Scheduled Castes (SC)/ Scheduled Tribes (ST); Ex-serviceman [EX] and Persons with Disabilities (PWD) candidates,
the last application submitted before the last date for submission of application shall be considered for further processing.
- In case of submission of duplicate/multiple applications by other candidates including OBC, the application against which the 'application fee' has been received within the last date for payment
of application fee only will be considered.
Documents to be sent to ISRO Headquarters, Bengaluru on or before 15/03/2017
|Women Candidate||No documents to be
sent, but will have to produce the
relevant documents, as and when
||Those who are already
employed under Central/State Govt/PSU/ Autonomous Bodies
should produce "No objection certificate" from the employer concerned.
|Persons with Disabilities
|Others, including OBC candidates
BE/B.Tech or equivalent qualification in first class with an aggregate minimum of 65% marks or CGPA 6.84/10 (average of all semesters for which results are available).
The qualification prescribed and the benchmark are only the MINIMUM requirement and fulfilling the same does not automatically make candidates eligible for Written Test.
Based on the academic performance and bio-data,
initial screening will be conducted to short-list candidates for taking-up written test. The written test will be conducted on 07/05/2017
at twelve venues viz., Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai,
New Delhi and Thiruvananthapuram. However, the Organisation reserves the right to cancel/change the written
test venue and re-allot the candidates to any other test centre. The call letters for the written test to the short-
listed candidates will be sent only by e-mail during the third/last week of April 2017. The written test paper consists of 80 objective type questions carrying equal marks.
Based on the performance in the Written Test, candidates will be short-listed for interview, the schedule and venue of which will be notified.
Written test is only a first level screening and written test score will not be considered for final selection process.
Final selection will be based on the performance of the candidates in the Interview and those who secure
minimum 60% marks in the interview will be eligible for consideration for empanelment in the selection panel, in
the order of merit.
Pay and Allowances:
Selected candidates will be appointed as Scientist/Engineer'SC' in Level 10 of Pay Matrix and will be paid minimum basic pay of Rs. 56100/- p.m.
In addition, House Rent Allowance [HRA] and Transport Allowance at the prescribed rates in force at the place of posting will be paid for those who are not availing Departmental Housing and Transport facility, respectively. The employees will be governed by the
National Pension System. On employment in ISRO, other facilities are available such as medical facilities for self and dependants, subsidized canteen, transport allowance when official transport is not availed, limited housing facility for fresh entrants in lieu of HRA, Leave Travel Concession, Group Insurance, advance for construction of house, etc as per Central Government orders.
- Candidates may apply for the post against any of the disciplines mentioned in the drop-down
menu (Step 3) of the Application form.
- The candidates registered under National Career Services (NCS) portal and fulfilling the eligibility conditions may visit ISRO website and follow the
application procedure as stated in the previous paragraphs. The posts are temporary, but likely to continue.
- The number of posts indicated above are provisional and may vary depending on the actual requirements.
- The appointees are liable to be posted in any of the Centres/Units of the Indian Space Research Organisation/Department of Space situated anywhere in India as and when required. For details of ISRO/DOS Centres/Units, please visit
- Candidates may have to work on round the clock shift basis depending on the functional requirements.
- Candidates attending the interview will be reimbursed to and fro second-class train fare by the shortest
route from the city indicated in the on-line application form to the place of interview (change of address
and city for the purpose will not be entertained).
- Candidates called for interview will have to produce all relevant original documents in proof of details furnished in their applications submitted on-line, at the time of interview. If any information furnished on-line is found to be wrong or false, the candidate will not be interviewed and TA will not be paid.
- No TA will be paid for attending the Written Test.
- ISRO reserves the right not to fill up all or any of the posts, if it so desires.
- Only Indian Nationals need apply.
- No interim correspondence will be entertained. In case of any clarification, candidates may refer to the FAQs uploaded in the ISRO website against the advertisement or send their mail to email@example.com
- Government strives to have a workforce which reflects gender balance and women candidates are
encouraged to apply.
It is for the candidate to ensure that he / she fulfills the eligibility criteria and complie with the
requirements and adheres to the instructions contained in this advertisement as well as in the application
form. Candidates are, therefore, urged to carefully read the advertisement and complete the application
form and submit the same as per instructions given in this regard.
|The Answer Keys will be published on the ISRO Web-site within three working days of the written test, i.e. on
11.05.2017. The candidates may raise objections with valid justifications, if any, within 5 days (i.e. on or before (15.05.2017) of publishing the answer keys in the
web-site, ONLY through the link that shall be provided in the website after the written test. Objections, if any, received thereafter and through any other modes will not be
considered under any circumstances.|
THE STATUS OF YOUR APPLICATION.
JOIN ISRO AND SHAPE-UP YOUR CAREER
SHARE YOUR KNOWLEDGE WITH TALENTED SCIENTIST COMMUNITY
SUPPORT NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT