Government of India
Department of Space
INDIAN SPACE RESEARCH ORGANISATION
ISRO SATELLITE CENTRE
Bangalore - 560017
ADVERTISEMENT No. ISAC:01:2014 DATED March 28, 2014
Recruitment of Scientists/Engineers 'SC' with Post Graduate Degree in Engineering/Science and Junior Research
Fellow (JRF) in Graduate in Engineering & Post Graduate in Science
The Indian Space Programme is aimed at promoting the development and application of Space Science and Technology for the socio-economic benefit of the country and also providing valuable service to the Nation in a self-reliant manner and witnessed several major accomplishments and scaled newer heights in the recent past. The remarkable success in the Space Programme was the result of well-orchestrated activities undertaken by ISRO aimed at mastering cutting edge technology through indigenous efforts and utilizing the expertise available with the Organization. The future ISRO programmes envisage development of cutting edge technologies for reusable launch vehicles, advanced high efficient semi-cryogenic propulsion system, air breathing propulsion, advanced communication satellite-based navigation system, hyper spectral imaging sensors and inter-planetary missions. ISRO Satellite Centre (ISAC) is the lead centre of DOS/ISRO for the Satellite Technology in the Country and has grown into a premier centre for research and development with the primary responsibility for developing Satellite Technology and implementation of satellite Systems for various Scientific, Technological and Application missions.
ISRO Satellite Centre (ISAC) invites applications for the following positions:
- Scientist/Engineer 'SC' [Rs. 15600-39100/- + Rs.5400/- Grade Pay]
- Junior Research Fellows (JRFs) [stipend of Rs.16000/- + 30% HRA, pm for first 2 Years and Rs.18000/- + 30% HRA for subsequent years and Rs.18000/- + 30% HRA pm for first two years and Rs.20000/- + 30% HRA for subsequent years]
Do not use 'Back' and 'Forward' button of your browser while
filling up online application form.
To get the online application form
, please click on the Post Name
below for which you want
to apply for.
Government strives to have a workforce which reflects gender balance and women candidates are encouraged to apply
- ME/M.Tech or equivalent Degree should be in First Class with an aggregate minimum of 60% marks of all Semesters or 6.5 CGPA on a 10 point scale or equivalent with the pre-eligibility qualification of BE/B.Tech/B.Sc (Engg.) or equivalent should also be in First Class with an aggregate minimum of 65% marks of all Semesters or CGPA of 6.5 on a 10 point scale.
- MSc or equivalent Degree should be in First Class with an aggregate minimum of 65% marks of all Semesters or 6.5 CGPA on a 10 point scale.
Pay and Allowances for the post of Scientist/Engineer 'SC':
- For Scientist/Engineer 'SC' : 35 years as on 20.04.2014.
- For Junior Research Fellows : 18-30 years as on 20.04.2014 (35 Years for SC/ST and 33 Years for OBC).
[Ex-Servicemen and Persons with Disabilities (PWDs) are eligible for age relaxation as per Government of India orders. PWDs, orders on reservation to the extent applicable will be extended.
The gross emoluments at the minimum of the Pay Band for the post of Scientist/Engineer 'SC' will at present be Rs. 39,900/-. In addition, the employees are also eligible for House Rent Allowance, Transport Allowance, etc. The employees will be governed by the New Defined Contribution Pension Scheme. ISRO provides free transport (or in lieu Transport Allowance), limited housing facility (or in lieu House Rent Allowance), advances for purchase of conveyance, construction of house, etc., Leave Travel Concession, Group Insurance, etc., and extends subsidized canteen facilities. ISRO also provides attractive medical benefits to its employees.
Fellowship & Stipend for JRFs:
The Fellowship will be initially for TWO YEARS. ISAC will review the performance after two years and decide
whether the Fellowship should be continued for the third year. Similarly, at the end of the third year also, ISAC
will review for extension for another year. JRF with aptitude to pursue research in the respective areas will be
encouraged to pursue Ph.D with an external university registration. Stipend will be Rs. 16000/- pm for first two years and Rs. 18000/- pm for subsequent years in respect of Post No. JRF1,JRF2 & JRF4 and Rs. 18000/- for first two years and Rs. 20000/- for subsequent years in respect of Post No. JRF3. In addition, JRFs are eligible to get HRA, free transport, subsidised canteen and attractive medical facilities.
The qualification prescribed is the minimum requirement and possession of the same does not automatically make the candidates eligible to be called for interview. There will be an initial screening based on the academic performance and other parameters given in the on-line applications and only those screened-in will be called for interview.
How to apply :
- The application for on-line registration will be hosted in the ISRO web-site between 28.03.2014 and 20.04.2014. Candidates may visit our website at www.isro.gov.in to register their applications on-line between 28.03.2014 and 20.04.2014. Applications will be received on-line only. Upon registration, applicants will be provided with an on-line Registration Number, which should be carefully preserved for future reference. E-mail ID of the applicant will have to be given in the application compulsorily.
- The on-line application has to be invariably followed-up with a 'No Objection Certificate (NOC)' from the employer concerned by those already in employments under Central/State Government, Public Sector Undertaking or Autonomous Body, duly indicating the name, the post for which applied/post No. and Regn. No. on the reverse.
Payment of Application Fee :
- There will be an Application Fee of Rs.100/- (Rupees One Hundred Only) for each application. Demand
Draft details need to be filled-in at the time of on-line registration. Women candidates, Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST) and Persons with Disabilities (PWD) candidates are exempted from payment of Application Fee. The candidate before filing
his application has to take a DD for Rs.100/- from any of the Nationalized Bank in favour of the
Accounts Officer, ISRO Satellite Centre, Bangalore, payable at Bangalore.
- The Applicant should enter the DD Number, date and name of the Bank in the space provided for the same in the web application.
- After filing the online application, the applicant has to send the DD with his/her Full Name (as entered in the web application), Post Number and Registration No. written on the reverse of the DD to Sr. Administrative Officer (RMT), ISRO Satellite Centre, Old Airport Road, Vimanapura Post, Bangalore -560 017 by ordinary post superscribing "RECRUITMENT OF SCIENTIST/ENGINEER 'SC' OR JRF - ____________ (Post Number)" on the envelope within 10 days of filing of application and in any case not later than 30.04.2014.
- Please note that the applications of male candidates (UR and OBC), in respect of which Application Fee has not been received, will not be considered.
- Women Candidates, Candidates belonging to SC/ST, Persons with Disabilities (PWD) and Ex-servicemen Candidates are eligible for waiver of Application Fee subject to production of the following proof as mentioned against each category. The candidates have to send the certificate indicated against each category, as below, duly indicating the Name, Post No. and Regn. No. on the reverse to Sr. Administrative Officer (RMT), ISRO Satellite Centre, Old Airport Road, Vimanapura Post, Bangalore -560 017 by ordinary post superscribing "RECRUITMENT OF SCIENTIST/ENGINEER 'SC' OR JRF - ____________ (Post Number)" on the envelope within 10 days of filing of application and in any case not later than 30.04.2014.
- Application of candidates claiming WOMAN/ SC/ST/PWD/Ex-servicemen status and therefore exemption from payment of Application Fee will be considered only if the certificate, as below, is received within 10 days of filing of the on-line application.
Women Candidate - Gender certificate issued by the Principal of the College where last studied OR attested copy of PAN Card/Voter's ID Card/College ID Card/Passport/Driving License
SC/ST candidates - Attested copy of Caste Certificate
Persons with disabilities(PWD) - Attested copy of medical certificate issued by Medical Board
Ex-servicemen - Attested copy of the discharge certificate or NOC (if not retired)
Please note that the applications of male candidates (UR and OBC), in respect of which Application Fee has not been received, will not be considered.
- Applications made on-line only will be entertained. Physical applications will not be entertained.
- The posts are temporary, but likely to continue for Scientist/Engineer 'SC' category.
- The number of posts indicated above is provisional and may vary depending on the actual requirements.
- The appointees are liable to be posted in any of the Centres/Units of the Indian Space Research Organisation/Department of Space situated anywhere in India as and when required. For details of ISRO Centres/Units, please visit
- Outstation candidates shortlisted for interview will be paid to and fro Second Class sleeper Railway fare by the shortest distance from the address given in on-line application to the place of interview or non-A/c Bus fare or actual fare whichever is less on production of proof of journey, irrespective of the mode of journey viz., Rail, Bus, Air, etc.
- Candidates called for interview will have to produce all relevant original documents in proof of details furnished in their applications submitted on-line, at the time of interview. If any information furnished on-line is found to be wrong or false, the candidate will not be interviewed and TA will not be paid.
- ISRO reserves the right not to fill up all or any of the posts, if it so decides.
- Only Indian Nationals need apply.
- No interim correspondence will be entertained. In case of any clarification candidates may send their mail to email@example.com
- CANVASSING IN ANY FORM WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION OF APPLICATION.
- 20.04.2014 (LAST DATE FOR RECEIPT OF ON-LINE APPLICATIONS) will be cut-off date for all purposes like age, qualification, etc.
VISIT OUR WEB-SITE http://www.isro.gov.in FOR LATEST UPDATES ON
THE STATUS OF YOUR APPLICATION.
JOIN ISRO AND SHAPE-UP YOUR CAREER
SHARE YOUR KNOWLEDGE WITH TALENTED SCIENTIST COMMUNITY
SUPPORT NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT