Government of India
Department of Space
INDIAN SPACE RESEARCH ORGANISATION
ISRO SATELLITE CENTRE
Bangalore - 560017
ADVERTISEMENT No. ISAC:03:2010 DATED September 13, 2010
The Indian Space Programme is aimed at promoting the development and application of Space Science and Technology for the socio-economic benefit of the country and also providing valuable service to the Nation in a self-reliant manner and witnessed several major accomplishments and scaled newer heights in the recent past. The remarkable success in the Space Programme were the result of well-orchestrated activities undertaken by ISRO aimed at mastering cutting edge technology through indigenous efforts and utilizing the expertise available with the Organization. The future ISRO Programmes envisage development of cutting edge technologies for reusable launch vehicles, advanced high efficiency, semi-cryogenic propulsion system, air breathing propulsion, advanced communication satellite-based navigation system, hyper spectral imaging sensors and inter-planetary missions.
ISRO Satellite Centre (ISAC) invites applications for the following positions:
Do not use 'Back' and 'Forward' button of your browser while
filling up online application form.
To get the
, please click on the Post Name
below for which you want
to apply for.
Government strives to have a workforce which reflects gender balance and women candidates are encouraged to apply
- ME/MTech or equivalent Degree should be in First Class with an aggregate minimum of 65% marks of all Semesters or 6.5 CGPA on a 10 point scale or equivalent and the pre-eligibility qualification of BE/BTech or equivalent should also be in First Class with an aggregate minimum of 65% marks of all Semesters or CGPA of 6.5 on a 10 point scale.
- BE/BTech or equivalent Degree should be in First Class with an aggregate minimum of 65% marks of all Semesters or CGPA of 6.5 on a 10 point scale.
- MSc Degree with Chemistry should be in First Class with an aggregate minimum of 65% marks of all Semesters or 6.5 CGPA on a 10 point scale.
- 35 years as on 20-10-2010 (40 years in case of SC/ST candidates and 38 years for OBC
candidates, Ex-serviceman and Persons with Disabilities[PWD] are eligible for age relaxation as per Govt.
of India orders).
For PWD persons, orders on reservation to the extent applicable will be extended for the above posts.
Pay and Allowances:
The gross emoluments at the minimum of the Pay Band for the post of Scientist/Engineer 'SC' will at present be ` 28350/-. In addition, the employees are also eligible for House Rent Allowance, Transport Allowance, etc. The employees will be governed by the New Defined Contribution Pension Scheme. ISRO provides free transport (or in lieu Transport Allowance), limited housing facility (or in lieu House Rent Allowance), advances for purchase of conveyance, construction of house, etc., Leave Travel Concession, Group Insurance, etc., and extends subsidized canteen facilities. ISRO also provides attractive medical benefits to its employees.
The qualification prescribed is the minimum requirement and possession of the same does not automatically make the candidates eligible to be called for interview. There will be an initial screening based on the academic performance and other parameters given in the on-line applications, and only those screened-in will be called for interview. Outstation candidates attending interview will be reimbursed to and fro second class train fare by the shortest route from the address given in the web application to the place of interview or bus fare, whichever is less, on production of proof of journey. ISRO reserves the right not to fill up all or any of the advertised posts, if it so decides.
How to apply :
- The application for on-line registration will be hosted in the ISRO web-site between 29-09-2010 and 20-10-2010. Candidates may visit our website at www.isro.gov.in to register their applications on-line between 29-09-2010 and 20-10-2010. Applications will be received on-line only. Upon registration, applicants will be provided with an on-line Registration Number, which should be carefully preserved for future reference. E-mail ID of the applicant will have to be given in the application compulsorily.
- The on-line application has to be invariably followed-up with a 'No Objection Certificate' from the employer concerned, by those already in employment under Central/State Government, Public Sector Undertaking or Autonomous Body, duly indicating the name, the post for which applied/post No. and Regn. No. on the reverse.
- There will be an Application Fee of Rs.100/- (Rupees One Hundred Only) for each application. Demand
Draft details need to be filled-in at the time of on-line registration. Women candidates, Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST) and Persons with Disabilities (PWD) candidates are exempted from payment of Application Fee. The candidate before filing
his application has to take a DD for Rs.100/- from any of the Nationalized Bank in favour of the
Accounts Officer, ISRO Satellite Centre, Bangalore, payable at Bangalore.
- The Applicant should enter the DD Number, date and name of the Bank in the space provided for the same in the web application. After
filing the application, on-line, the applicant has to send the DD with his Full Name (as entered
in web), Post Number and Registration No. written on the reverse of the DD.
- Please note that applications, in respect of which DDs have not been received with Name as mentioned in the application and Registration Number on the
reverse, will not be considered.
- Women candidates, SC/ST and PWD candidates will have to send the certificate indicated against each category, as below, duly indicating the Name, Post No. and Reg.No. on the reverse.
Women Candidate - Gender certificate issued by the Principal of the College where last studied OR attested copy of PAN Card / Voter's ID Card/ College ID Card / Passport / Driving License / Ration Card
SC/ST candidates - Attested copy of Caste Certificate
Persons with disabilities(PWD) - Attested copy of medical certificate issued by Medical Board
- The candidates should also send a photocopy of the ME/MTech or equivalent Degree Certificate.
- Applications of candidates claiming Women, SC/ST/PWD status and therefore exemption from payment of Application Fee will be considered only if the certificate, as above, is received within 10 days of filing of application and in any case not later than 30-10-2010. The Gender Certificate or the Demand Draft,copy of ME/MTech or equivalent Degree Certificate and `No Objection Certificate' in respect of candidates employed under Central/State Govt/PSU/Autonomous Body should reach the Senior Administrative Officer (R&R), ISRO Satellite Centre, Old Airport Road, Vimanapura Post, Bangalore-560 017 within 10 days of filing the applications by the candidates and in any case not later than 20-10-2010.
- The posts are temporary, but likely to continue.
- The appointees are liable to be posted in any of the Centres/Units of the Indian Space Research Organisation/Department of Space situated anywhere in India as and when required. For details of ISRO Centres/Units, please visit
- Candidates called for interview will have to produce all relevant original documents in proof of details furnished in their applications submitted on-line, at the time of interview. If any information furnished on-line is found to be wrong or false, the candidate will not be interviewed and TA will not be paid.
- No TA will be paid for attending the Written Test.
- ISRO reserves the right not to fill up all or any of the posts, if it so decides.
- Only Indian Nationals need apply.
- No interim correspondence will be entertained. In case of any clarification candidates may send their mail to email@example.com
VISIT OUR WEB-SITE http://www.isro.gov.in FOR LATEST UPDATES ON
THE STATUS OF YOUR APPLICATION.
JOIN ISRO AND SHAPE-UP YOUR CAREER
SHARE YOUR KNOWLEDGE WITH TALENTED SCIENTIST COMMUNITY
SUPPORT NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT